New DxO Optics Pro v6.6 provides additional noise reduction and color controls, supports five new cameras
Paris, France - DxO Labs is pleased to announce the immediate availability of DxO Optics Pro v6.6 for Mac and Windows, which provides improved image correction, along with RAW support for the following digital cameras:
- •Nikon D5100 (Standard or Elite edition)
- •Olympus E-5 (Elite edition)
- •Panasonic DMC GF1 (Standard or Elite edition)
- •Panasonic DMC GF2 (Standard or Elite edition)
- •Pentax K-R (Standard or Elite edition)
Further, more than 100 new DxO Optics Modules are now available to DxO Optics Pro users, covering numerous Canon, Fuji, Nikon, Panasonic, Pentax, and Sony cameras.
Picture 1: Example of DxO’s Multi-Point Color Balance
With this version, users with cameras supported by DxO Optics Pro will be able to easily command more control over noise in their JPEG images thanks to a newly extended range of the chrominance noise slider. Additionally, noise can be manually reduced from JPEG images taken with any camera. With this new capability, all corrections available for supported equipment are now available in manual mode for any unsupported equipment.
Based on customer feedback, a new color control slider has also been added to preserve the depth and colors of objects with certain saturated colors.
DxO FilmPack 3 plug-in for DxO Optics Pro, made available today from DxO Labs' e-store, extends the product's scope by providing up to 60 color and B&W film renderings with unrivaled precision, and powerful B&W conversion controls.
Availability and price
DxO Optics Pro v6.6 for Windows and Mac, Standard and Elite editions are available from DxO Labs' e-store and selected resellers at a significant 30 percent launch discount:
DxO Optics Pro Standard edition:
- •€99, reduced from €149
- •$99, reduced from $169
- •£89, reduced from £135
DxO Optics Pro Elite edition:
- •€199, reduced from €299
- •$199, reduced from $299
- •£179, reduced from £269
€ and £ prices include sales taxes and VAT.
All customers who purchased DxO Optics Pro since June 1st, 2009 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 6.6.
- • 2 GB RAM minimum
- • 400 MB available disk space
- • Intel Pentium 4 processor or AMD equivalent (Pentium Dual Core or higher or equivalent recommended)
- • Microsoft Windows XP 32, Windows Vista 32 or 64 bits, Windows 7 (32 or 64 bits)
- • To process images larger than 20 MPixels, a 64-bit operating system with 4 GB RAM is strongly recommended
- • Intel-Mac
- • Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- • To process RAW images larger than 20 MPixels, 3 GB RAM is strongly recommended